- Yesterday marked our 1 year wedding anniversary. A whole year without killing each other...that's something to celebrate :) We went out to The Freight House in Stillwater (does it surprise you Corie that we didn't go to ZA's? HA!) and took a walk along the river afterwards. Nothing fancy, but we aren't fancy people. The weather was perfect and for once we got to enjoy Stillwater instead of cursing the lights for taking forever when crossing over to Hudson... I will have to come up with a post for our wedding.
- Yet another post I'm working on: freezer meals. I spent 5+ hours on Saturday and Sunday making meals ahead of time after grocery shopping. It was a lot, but surprisingly I wasn't frustrated. Having done this ahead of time, dinner last night was a cinch while I was fighting through a migraine!
- B starts Kindergarten in exactly 21 days. I have 3 weeks of sanity left.
- I am nearly finished with my craft room! J has a few items to hang for me and I have just a little bit of organizing left to do. I got distracted on Friday and ended up scrapping a few pages for a few hours. Hey, at least I'm putting it to use already, right? I finished my formals album and only have my reception album left. There aren't as many pictures from that so that's a good thing. Then, I will have our Wedding Day DONE! That still leaves 2011, 2012, and our "pre-wedding", including but not limited to our engagement pictures, bridal showers, and bachelorette party. Yikes.
- There are a lot of items on my "To Do" list. I just need to find the motivation to get them done! Honestly, I've spent most of my time this summer in the house. I feel guilty, but the D&C seems so final and I think it's what I needed to get over it. I knew something wasn't right but I would have never guessed that it would take 7 weeks to figure it out. I've been battling a couple things that I will update this post with the details.
- I pulled a muscle doing something totally normal and it makes me feel old. Anybody else have that issue?
- The Hunger Games comes out on DVD this week. Whoop whoop! Now that I've read and re-read the trilogy I can't wait to see the movie. I'm sure the books are better, they always are.
- Corie needs to finish reading Fifty Shades Darker so I can write my evil commentary on that book - teehee!
- The Minnesota State Fair is just weeks away! Oh it is just a crazy, crowded, wonderful time of year. I love the deep fried pickles, people watching, and last year we took B on the skyride (the open one) and she loved it! That makes it all that more exciting. I better start starving myself now so I can fit all that food in me come time. I kid, I'm a bottomless pit I wouldn't be able to stop eating if my life depended on it (oxymoron?).
- Going off that, I have been building the determination to start working out. I got the OK from my doctor as long as I take it slowly at first, so I'm going to spend the next couple weeks easing into it then hit it hard. I am not so good at working out. I get bored if there isn't somebody doing the same thing as me because I like to compete. It's no fun to try and compete with Mr. Tony Fantastic on screen, but I'm going to give it a go and hope that all the reasons I keep building in my head stick out.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Monday, August 13, 2012
|Stillwater Bridge - took a walk along the river after our anniversary dinner at The Freight House.|
|Secret Mission: Find Daddy an Anniversary Gift. Hot Spot: St. Paul Harley Davidson. B made a friend.|
|5-6 hours of preparing freezer meals. See them stacked int he back too? Yes, those are homemade eggrolls. DELISH!|
|My beautiful gift from J - so what if first year is paper? We're liberals I guess. :)|
|Aaaaand a rainbow to top it all off.|
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
- I know I haven't posted in a while (thanks Corie for reminding me haha!), but there's just been so much going on and mentally I haven't had the energy. Soon.
- My craft room is 90% complete. I have a few miscellaneous things to empty and haul out as soon as I can get my stickers in order. I scrapped a few pages that I will put together in a post and share - my "formals" album from our wedding is complete, which means I just have the reception left (and the pre-wedding stuff like engagement pictures, bridal shower, etc...but our photographer gave us a good 1,200 pictures so I had a lot to choose from and a lot to scrapbook)!
- We got hit with a cold this weekend. Boo. But, it was beautiful weather out and we were feeling fine then so whatevs.
- As far as a health update, things are still up in the air and I can't express how "over it" I am. Two months is way too long to be dealing with this physically and emotionally and there are some things the doctor and I still need to discuss and work out. Yippee. Not.
- Summer is almost over, which means school starts soon, which means the worry for my kid will soon increase by tenfold. Hello stressville. Between now and then I have a few scrap nights planned with my friend Meagan, birthday parties for some kiddos, a Ladies Only party with friends, and a few girlfriend solo dates.
- Speaking of friends, I have some amazing ones and I'm very lucky. One thing I noticed, however, is that I don't have a "group" of friends I belong to...everyone that I call a BFF has a group of their own and my friends are all from different ones. It isn't a solid group that hangs out all the time and we've known each other forever...they all of course get along and everything which is wonderful but I always wondered what it would be like to have that. Not that I would want it instead of what I have, I wouldn't trade my friends for the world! Just a thought, something I noticed.
- There is so much to do at work and so little time. Yikes (maybe I should get on that and stop blogging while at work...).
- This weekend I made Pirogi from scratch. It's a specialty that my grandma - affectionately known as "Nanny" - would make all the time. As a child I would help her, but I didn't enjoy eating them and never paid attention to what she was putting in the bowl, I just liked helping her cut circles and pinch and knead the dough. Now that she's gone (she passed away in December 2009), my family has since been trying to figure out some of her most fantastic recipes. Golumpki (not sure of the spelling?) is one I've worked on, now Pirogi too, and my mom and aunt have recreated her Easter and Beet Soups. Everything is OK - you know how it goes, once grandma is gone nothing tastes the same! Practice makes perfect though, and Pirogi are my favorite to fry up with some olive oil, butter and onion and chow down on with a dollop of sour cream. Bonus: J and B don't really enjoy them but E does, so more for us!
- Anybody out there try Body by Vi? I'm going to a challenge party on Wednesday to see what it's all about.
- For the last month I've been working hard on a menu plan system and it's working OK; just a few tweaks here and there and I will share. Trial and error, right? What type of menu planning do you use, how long have you used it, and why does it work for you family?