Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Treats - Pretzel Hugs

I am no good at baking. I can cook, but I can't bake. I don't understand it. So, when I stumbled across Erin at The Sunny Side Up blog and saw her Pretzel Hugs, I knew I had found my new Christmas treat tradition. B & E were pretty excited to help! Here's how we did it:


Simple ingredients {just how I like it}: Pretzel Butter Snaps, Hershey's Hugs, and Christmas colored M&Ms. {I went with the smaller quantities for now, first of all because I wasn't sure how they would turn out, and secondly, everyone and their mom must have decided to make these this weekend because the store was nearly out of everything...}


The girls began by arranging the {un-broken} pretzel snaps on a baking pan. In the meantime, I preheated the oven to 200 degrees.


E decided to help by eating the broken pretzels...


 B diligently unwrapped the Hersey's Hugs and placed then on each pretzel snap.


E smiled {she's so stinkin cute!}...


...then decided she would be in charge of the M&Ms. What a great helper!


B proudly showed off all her hard work! She is so grown up sometimes I can't believe it!


I put the treats in the oven and the girls were in charge of watching until the Hugs melted {approximately 7 minutes}.


Add M&Ms to the top, let cool in the fridge, then TA-DA! An easy-to-make, no-bake, delicious Christmas treat!


YUM!

-KK

2 comments: