Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Dream Home: Kitchen

The first room I go to when I come home each night is the kitchen. Probably because of where it's located, or maybe subconsciously my heart tells me to go there {you know, because I love food}. Regardless of the reason, it's absolutely one of the rooms in the house that I adore. I love creating a home-cooked meal for my family and entertaining guests; surely the kitchen is where the magic happens!

Here are some of the features I'd like in my "Dream Kitchen":

{source}

This kitchen is HUGE! The main things I would like to take away from this design are the counters {LOVE them! The color, molding, edges...oh!}, flooring, light fixtures, molding/trim, and the storage next to the stove! That's the perfect spot for commonly used items {olive oil, salt, pepper, etc} and some trinkets as eye candy!

{source}

This is what I would like the island to look like: lots of surface with lots of storage space beneath! I love the glass doors too; makes things pretty! I would like one side to be open for chairs since the kids enjoy helping me in the kitchen so much; that way they can be right up next to the action and I don't have to worry about moving from room-to-room with any ingredients! I also love the cookbook storage in this kitchen...great idea to put it at the end of a counter!

{source}

I had a hard time finding my "dream" cupboards, but the white ones in the background are the closest I could find. A little molding for character, and simple yet modern handles. I would change the cupboards above slightly...include more with glass in a "french door" pattern and I would change the knobs as well - to bronze handles. I also love the backsplash in this picture! The pattern and color are subtle yet offer a good contrast to the cupboards.

{source}

Let us "oooh" and "aaah" over this corner pantry! I love the can, spice, and wine racks, drawers to hide items "unfriendly" to the eyes, and the built-in storage for baking pans! Of course in my dream panty I have beautiful clear containers to store boxed items such as cereal, noodles, crackers, snacks, etc. In my dreams.

Now I know you're just dying to see the color scheme for the kitchen, and I picked it out to match the color scheme I've been going with already!

{source}

Ta-da! I love these colors {even the backsplash I found agrees!}. The dishes I registered for on our wedding lists had these shades in them and I adore the combination. Even though this is my "dream kitchen" color scheme, I already incorporate it anyways so this is my favorite part! It exists! It's tangible!

A few things off Pinterest that I found to make this kitchen more user friendly were a built-in cutting board above the garbage for easy disposal, mounting a paper towel rack in one of the "empty" drawer spaces, having a built-in utensil divider, and using one of the cupboards below to store small appliances on hidden pull out drawers.

*Sigh* What kitchen are you dreaming of?

2 comments:

  1. This kitchen is a dream (lol - that was a bad joke)! The pantry is amazing!! Your colors and everything - I love it all!! Now you have me thinking about my dream kitchen ... hmm

    Sarah from The House That Ag Built

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I'm itching to win the lottery and make this all come true!

    ReplyDelete