Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday's Tid Bits

  1. Yesterday marked our 1 year wedding anniversary. A whole year without killing each other...that's something to celebrate :) We went out to The Freight House in Stillwater (does it surprise you Corie that we didn't go to ZA's? HA!) and took a walk along the river afterwards. Nothing fancy, but we aren't fancy people. The weather was perfect and for once we got to enjoy Stillwater instead of cursing the lights for taking forever when crossing over to Hudson... I will have to come up with a post for our wedding.
  2. Yet another post I'm working on: freezer meals. I spent 5+ hours on Saturday and Sunday making meals ahead of time after grocery shopping. It was a lot, but surprisingly I wasn't frustrated. Having done this ahead of time, dinner last night was a cinch while I was fighting through a migraine!
  3. B starts Kindergarten in exactly 21 days. I have 3 weeks of sanity left.
  4. I am nearly finished with my craft room! J has a few items to hang for me and I have just a little bit of organizing left to do. I got distracted on Friday and ended up scrapping a few pages for a few hours. Hey, at least I'm putting it to use already, right? I finished my formals album and only have my reception album left. There aren't as many pictures from that so that's a good thing. Then, I will have our Wedding Day DONE! That still leaves 2011, 2012, and our "pre-wedding", including but not limited to our engagement pictures, bridal showers, and bachelorette party. Yikes.
  5. There are a lot of items on my "To Do" list. I just need to find the motivation to get them done! Honestly, I've spent most of my time this summer in the house. I feel guilty, but the D&C seems so final and I think it's what I needed to get over it. I knew something wasn't right but I would have never guessed that it would take 7 weeks to figure it out. I've been battling a couple things that I will update this post with the details.
  6. I pulled a muscle doing something totally normal and it makes me feel old. Anybody else have that issue?
  7. The Hunger Games comes out on DVD this week. Whoop whoop! Now that I've read and re-read the trilogy I can't wait to see the movie. I'm sure the books are better, they always are.
  8. Corie needs to finish reading Fifty Shades Darker so I can write my evil commentary on that book - teehee!
  9. The Minnesota State Fair is just weeks away! Oh it is just a crazy, crowded, wonderful time of year. I love the deep fried pickles, people watching, and last year we took B on the skyride (the open one) and she loved it! That makes it all that more exciting. I better start starving myself now so I can fit all that food in me come time. I kid, I'm a bottomless pit I wouldn't be able to stop eating if my life depended on it (oxymoron?).
  10. Going off that, I have been building the determination to start working out. I got the OK from my doctor as long as I take it slowly at first, so I'm going to spend the next couple weeks easing into it then hit it hard. I am not so good at working out. I get bored if there isn't somebody doing the same thing as me because I like to compete. It's no fun to try and compete with Mr. Tony Fantastic on screen, but I'm going to give it a go and hope that all the reasons I keep building in my head stick out.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I was really surprised you didn't go to ZA's. Although you should have because its both your favorite place to go on date night! lol..
    Just to let you know I am half way done with book two..give me one more week! I am thinking of skipping the fair this year, but don't know if I could miss out on the DF pickles. 21 days only..crazy how time fly's.

    ReplyDelete