Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Touching Base...

Wow, it has been a crazy few weeks!

In my last post, I left you with the doll house painting disaster. As of today, it remains the same. Unfortunately I haven't even purchased paint for the exterior or interior! I need to get on that STAT because apparently we're supposed to see "flurries" here this week in "MinneSNOWta".

My personal life has been a big blur over the last two weeks. I left my job as an Associate Accountant at a commercial real estate company after 4 years {not in the same position, I moved around and was working my way up the corporate ladder}. It's a great company and the only reason I had to leave is location - it was an hour or more one way and that time is too precious to be spent in traffic and not with my family. The decision was very difficult to make, and it happened so quickly I don't know where those last two weeks went!

As much as I wish I could have left and started my stay-at-home mommy career, I did accept a position at a rebate processing company as an Accounting Associate that is much closer to home. Now I only drive 15 minutes one way {this morning I drove passed the exit by two miles before I noticed...not used to the shorter distance yet!} so I am able to see my daughter off to preschool in the morning and see my husband before work. I'm also going to be home earlier and much less stressed because I won't be sitting in traffic.

With all of that going on, I haven't had the opportunity to work on the doll house project or any others that I would like to start up. Actually, we did receive our wedding pictures back and I printed 2011 pictures up through September so I organized those for scrapbooking. OH! I did complete my 2010 album as well {yay!} which is a HUGE accomplishment in my book.

Anyway, I will do my best to upkeep this blog over the next few weeks as I transition into my new role. Thanks for checking in!

{Kimberly}

No comments:

Post a Comment