Monday, October 3, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

YUM-O.

There's nothing that I love better than a home-cooked meal. If it's my own, even better. And if it's easy and quick to make, HALLELUJAH! I came across this recipe and wanted to try it out since my husband and daughter are huge fans of the easy hamburger meals with the oh-so-happy oven mitt. I, on the other hand, am not very fond of how processed the sauce tastes, so what did I say upon finding a recipe with sauce made from scratch?

Jackpot.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

 Ingredients:
-1lb extra lean beef
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-10oz egg noodles
-10 3/4 oz can reduced fat mushroom soup (aka 1 can)
-1 cup nonfat sour cream
-Worchestershire sauce

Brown beef and onions in a heated skillet. Drain.
 

Cook egg noodles in boiling water for approximately 7 minutes (al dente). Drain.


Combine noodles, beef/onions, soup, sour cream, and a few shakes of Worchestershire sauce in pot. Heat until warm.


Salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment