Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday's Tid Bits

  1. Betcha been wondering where I've been...I can tell you it hasn't been on the couch, moping like I did all summer. I've found peace with what happened and actually got off my butt to get stuff done around the house. I've been busy school shopping, scrapbooking, seeing family and going on dates with my husband. Life has been good.
  2. Still on the freezer meal kick...once my girlfriends and I get together for our "Let's Dish - Housewives Edition" I will fill you in on all the details.
  3. By the way, this is the first month I am attempting a 30 day meal plan - two grocery trips (one for perishables, especially since Breanna started school today and needed lunches) and one for freezer meals specifically. So far the cost is pretty good! Fingers crossed Sunday doesn't add too much to that.
  4. I have just a few pages left for our wedding scrapbook, with plenty of time to spare before Cattails! I better get on it though so I can prepare page kits for the weekend getaway instead of dragging everything with.
  5. Work has been going pretty good; I'm starting to transition fully into my new role as I train my replacement this week. My new boss (and current in the meantime) have been extremely supportive in allowing me to work 7am-3pm so I can be at Breanna's school at 3:30pm to pick her up. God is good...
  6. Speaking of God, I went to church the other week and it felt so great to start out my week like that. This past Sunday I didn't make it, but am determined to prioritize that Sunday tradition.
  7. Sunday J and I went on a date to the Minnesota State Fair. If you haven't been, it's kind of a big deal. Especially the deep fried pickles, my favorite! I tried a deep fried candy bar too which surprisingly wasn't that bad! But, I still prefer the pickles. I'm tempted to purchase the batter and fry some up at home myself. It was awesome to get away for a few hours with just my hubby and I, check out some stuff at the fair, eat some grub, people watch, talk...and it's days like those that make us feel closer.
  8. Big Brother and Bachelor Pad are my current TV addictions. I am sad that they are both ending soon...
  9. I will post more. Getting home by 3:45/4pm is going to allow more time for projects, pictures, and posting...3 important Ps in blogging :)
  10. I'm going to throw together a post of pictures showcasing what we've been up to the past few weeks...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment