Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's Tidbits

1.       TWO DAYS until I can share the big news…I’m anxious, excited, stressed, and optimistic. Waiting is the worst! I’m trying not to let it all get to me, but it’s harder than I thought it would be!
2.       B moved up in her gymnastics class and I am so proud of her! She has come so far in this last term and it’s so fun to watch her grow and play like that. She can even do a handstand for a decent amount of time!
3.       I really wish I got paid to do something I love; like being at home with my kids, scrapbooking, taking photographs, or even playing volleyball.
4.       For a while now I’ve been searching for a good deal on a black/brown 5x5 Ikea Expedit Book Shelf, along with a smaller one with the desk attachment. I found some decent ads this weekend on Craigslist but of course they haven’t responded yet. Ugh. I don’t want to drive to Ikea and pay full price. I’m not at that breaking point yet.
5.       The losing weight and toning up wagon is moving and I am hanging on to the back of it with just my fingernails. For the record, my nails break easily. Although I haven’t gone completely junkie, I haven’t been watching the health factor in the foods I’m buying and all I want to do is eat. I think a huge part of it is the stress I’ve been under, but I can’t seem to curb the cravings. I’m hoping in the next few weeks I will be so busy I will drop some fatty lbs and at least feel OK for summer. Where the hell is that motivation hiding??
6.       One of my BFFAEs made Oreo Truffles last Thursday (courtesy of Pinterest) and brought them over to share when I had her over for dinner. Oh. Em. Gee. Those were so devilishly delicious and I have literally been dreaming about them. We have a St. Patty’s day potluck here at work on Thursday, and although I’m not Irish I may participate and bring these because I love food. Or maybe not because I was just ragging on myself for eating too much…que sera, que sera.
7.       I have one month to throw together a super flippin sweet birthday party for B. She will be 5. FIVE. A lot of people comment that I don’t look old enough to have a 5 year old. I’m not. I was way too young, but I wouldn’t change it for the world! I have been thinking about what to get her for a gift too, but what do you get a girl-who-gets-everything for her birthday? We’ve spoiled her way too much…oh boy.
8.       Let me start this one by saying I get easily annoyed by the Kardashian sisters. However, Khloe is growing on me. She seems much more down to earth than the others, she’s dedicated to her husband and puts him first, and she just seems to be the voice of reason among the other clucking beauty hens. She’s interesting, and I like her show.
9.       Not that we had much of a winter around here, but I am so so so glad that it is starting to warm up and look like spring. I’ve been going on daily walks during the week with a coworker and on top of watching spring … well, spring {hardy-har-har}, getting out of the office, and getting some exercise, she’s a really cool person who shares my odd sense of humor so I don’t feel so stifled all day {haha!}.
10.   I went in to get my tattoo fixed on the 1st and it is healing much better than last time! There’s one spot right on the bone of my pinky toe that looks like it’s coming off, but so long as the rest of it stays on I’m fine with it. There isn’t much they can do about that anyway, but at least it’s looking pretty again! I will post a picture once it’s fully healed.
Here’s to the rest of the week going by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment