Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday's Tidbits

  1. It's Tuesday - I'm on time!
  2. I'm so exhausted. Like, 90% of the time I could fall asleep on command. I go to bed early, take naps on the weekends, and the snooze button has become my best friend during the work week.
  3. Nine days until I leave for my weekend scrapbooking retreat with my mom and BFF. I have been looking forward to this for MONTHS! I'm nearly packed, just three more things to corral on top of my clothing. That's it! It can't come soon enough I tell ya!
  4. Over the weekend my hubby was sick with the stomach flu. Literally I cleaned every cupboard handle, door knob, and surface area possible on Saturday. He was a trouper and went to work Sunday, so I tackled our bathroom and bedroom with chemicals and washings in hopes to rid our home of this virus. It's awful! My worst fear is B getting it again, there's nothing worse than watching your tiny princess fight the sickness and not being able to help her.
  5. Gatorade has become a must have for me lately. I get so thirsty for it! Is that bad?
  6. B crossed the monkey bars by herself last night at the playground. Watching her face and the determination in her eyes, the hesitation when she paused...it brought me back. Do you remember how scary it seemed to let one hand go and try to swing to the next one when you were that little? How it seemed like such a big feat when you could do it, and when you could sing "One, two, skip a few..." as you hauled across them the next summer you felt so giddy? I'm excited for her to get to that point. But for that moment last night, I remembered how it felt and the thoughts that would race right before letting go to get to the next bar. I love being a mommy.
  7. I have pictures on my camera, ready to upload, and posts started ready to publish. I just need to marry the two.
  8. This weekend I'm hosting a Girls Night In. It was supposed to be last weekend, but with the sickness buggies I had to move it. Now I will have both girls running around too, but that's OK with me. I get my break the weekend after! I'm excited to show off the house to my closest girlfriends and have a night to chat, catch up, and overall have fun.
  9. I don't know the last time I slept through an entire night. Either I wake up from one of the kids, the hubby, or even a dream I had. Earplugs and my sleep mask are a must for next weekend.
  10. It's warm today, finally. We had a beautiful March, and so far a chilly, spring-like April. Who am I to complain? I'm excited for summer and being outside. Hurry summer, hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment