Friday, November 2, 2012

Oreo Truffles

I'm not a baker. Nope. I think I am a good cook - not great, not worth bragging about or anything - but baking desserts? I ruin everything.

So when I came across this amazing little fancy dessert that required ZERO baking, I was absolutely tickled pink! I am sure many of you have had or made these yourselves, but my new "go to" treat is Oreo Truffles!


First, take a package of Oreos (any kind) and crush them down in a food processor. Takes a couple rounds for a smaller one like mine.

Dump in a large bowl....

And have your cute assistant help you mix in 1 package of cream cheese (softened).

Once thoroughly mixed, take a small spoonfull and begin to roll between palms into a bowl.

Line 'em up on wax paper and freeze for 15 minutes.

In the meantime, melt baking chocolate (I use white chocolate) per instructions in the microwave.

Mix well...

And add food coloring if you choose! (I had to start in a new bowl because apparently red didn't work out...you can see it in the pics below...)

Next, take a fork and submerse the Oreo ball into the chocolate to cover fully.

Let it drip a bit...

Replace on wax paper. Top with sprinkles, more chocolate...

or leftover crushed Oreos :)
Easy, fancy, and DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment