Monday, February 6, 2012

2012: Week Five

Recap time!

Last week I spent a lot of time with the girls, but E was sick though so she got a little more lovey attention from both of us. On Friday J and I took a couple hours to see some friends for their birthdays {twins, J's bestests} while my mom EVER SO GRACIOUSLY kept an eye on the girlies. Hello, date night! It was fun too - we went to Dave & Busters. Ever been? It was my first time too. The food was good and it was hilarious to play arcade games with the hubster. We won enough tickets to get the girlies some small gifts, which they happened to deflate over the weekend because they loved them too much!

On Saturday I got a bit of cleaning done - and purging! I'm so proud of B because when it came to her toys, she was smart about things she played with and things she didn't anymore. Yes, I coaxed her a bit on an item or two, but she would wave her hand and say, "Toss it!" so I obliged. Princesses orders. Even though I only tackled one small space...their closet...I got rid of a whole garbage bag of stuff! If I keep this up we will be able to get rid of all the junk in our trunk and it will be so much easier to keep up with housework.

Also on Saturday, my BFF and B's BFF came over for a few hours. B's BFF got to stay a bit longer though. That's ok, I made dinner and kept E busy while they galavanted in princess dresses and fairy wings pretending to be Tinkerbell and the animal fairy...whatever her name is {Fawn?}. Made for some good friendship time for all of us girlies!

Yesterday, as you all know, was the Super Bowl. Needless to say I was pretty bitter that the Packers lost to the Giants in the final playoff game, but I had to root for them to beat the Patriots because that made me feel better {only a little} about losing to them two weeks ago. B decided she wanted the Giants to win, too. When I tucked her in and told her they did, she looked at me with her big, baby blue eyes, smiled and said, "Mommy, we made them win. Next year the Packers are going to the Super Bowl and they are going to win it!" Be still my beating heart. She melts me.

Speaking of melting, B and I got to serious work on her Valentine's for school. I'm going to make you wait until next week to see what I mean though.

No church this week, but lots of prayers for a few reasons...family related and personal.

I also hit 40 hours at work which is good news because my benefits kick in and I will be losing part of that paycheck we've been used to the last few months. Adjustment time.

You're all fully aware of my creative progress, and I hope if you're following along you're getting a lot done or at least trying something new here and there!

I'm avoid the "F" word. Fi---fit----fitnesssssss. UGGGGH. I've gained 2-ish LBS over the last two weeks and I have no motivation to eat right. I just want to chow down on Tostino's Restaurant Style chips and Frito's JalepeƱo and Cheddar Cheese Dip. DELISH. Oh, and smother my marinated chicken with mushrooms, cheese, and gravy. More delish. I stopped with my Calorie Count the week we went fishing, but I started keeping track of what I eat again. Also, I have an opportunity to join a gym for dirt cheap...and dirt cheap membership each month...so dirt cheap that I wouldn't feel guilty if I didn't go, but it's so close to work I could go on my break and at least hit the treadmill. I'm sick of sitting on my butt. We'll see what happens, that window of opportunity isn't open for another two weeks so I have some time to think about it.

This week I want to purge some more! I'm in a mood to do it. Also, I'm going to eat healthy and maybe start doing a 10-minute workout when I can {maybe}. On Saturday I have a scrap day planned with my family {and hopefully a friend!} so I intend on getting a ton done!

Who were you rooting for yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment