Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday's Tid Bits

  1. I am oh-so-excited that our basement is nearly done...this means I can get crackin' on my craft room, and I have already done some prep work for it all! This weekend I went to IKEA and purchased a few items for organizing the shelves and made a purchase from Oriental Trading with the same intention. I can't wait to get my hands dirty down there and get everything in order exactly where I want it! And yes, I WILL POST PICTURES!
  2. This weekend aside from shopping, my hubby and I went out for a Harley ride to western Wisconsin and rode for a while with his parents. About an hour into our drive, we stopped and checked the weather only to see storms were headed our way. Great. An hour and a half away from home and not a darn thing we could do about it. We made a beeline out of there, but still got stuck in the rain. Let me tell you, being on a motorcycle in the rain is miserable. Not only are you getting wet and cold, but the raindrops hitting your face is like getting a tattoo...constant stinging. My poor hubby got the brunt of it being in front, but I was soaked to the bone and terrified! Thankfully we made it home safe. I spent the rest of Father's Day at my Grandpa's visiting, so it ended on a good note.
  3. We've had some bad storms the last few days and it's making me nervous that it happens at night when we're sleeping! Word on the street is we're to expect more severe storms tonight so I better be on the lookout for that. Not like we have a basement to hideout in, but we'll make it work.
  4. I chopped my hair yesterday again, and I love it! It was at the point where it wasn't short enough to be cute and wasn't long enough to put in a decent looking ponytail, so I had to decide if I wanted to stick it out or chop it. The latter sounded more appealing...
  5. Last week at gymnastics B took her little circuit exercise to the next level. On the uneven bars, the coach was having the girls stand on the lower then jump straight down to a mat. During free time, B asked her coach for help and decided not to jump to the mat, but jump to the higher bar and swing! She learned a few more skills in relation to that (where to put her feet, etc) so I am absolutely beaming with pride and so excited to see how the summer turn will enhance her skills.
  6. Speaking of B, she adapted really well to the school age room transition, thankfully. Now I just have to sit nervously until September when she starts Kindergarten (eep!) and see how she reacts to that change. I have a feeling it will be a little more difficult for her, but I have confidence that she'll make new friends quickly!
  7. When E comes over this weekend, I am definitely going to make sure I take a ton of photos. I feel like I haven't had my camera out in FOREVER.
  8. I need/want a subscription to Scrapbooks, Etc. Hopefully when I get my Kindle Fire I can get it for a good price, if it's too expensive through that I will definitely go with the paper copy.
  9. Speaking of the Kindle Fire, J is going to get me one as a belated birthday gift in a couple weeks! (Obviously with the basement project coming to a close, we had to budget out our income a bit tighter this month.) I am THRILLED! He also bought me riding boots for the Harley, which should be delivered today. Does everyone love receiving packages as much as I do?
  10. I don't feel like working today...yesterday I dedicated myself to catching up and got a few things crossed off my "to do" list, but today I come in and there are emails galore regarding those items so I have to go back to them. One step forward and two steps back. BLAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment