Friday, July 6, 2012

Taco Soup

Now, I know it's not quite the season for soups, but I absolutely love them so when I find an easy soup recipe I am all over that like white on rice. Luckily for me, J isn't a fan of this soup so that means I get to freeze what I don't gobble up fresh and have it for lunches later! More for me!

I'm really bad at taking pictures and cooking at the same time, so I got a few here and there in between forgetting because I was dancing around the kitchen (that's what makes cooking fun, right?).

Taco Soup

Ingredients

32oz beef broth - low sodium (I use the cubes mixed with water, tastes better)
1 lb ground beef - browned, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
1 can black beans - rinsed, drained
1 can corn & peppers - drained

After browning the beef and draining the beans, add to broth and heat (don't boil though)

Stir in taco seasoning and tomatoes (I partially drain the tomatoes otherwise the broth tastes too watery, but that's one of the perks of using beef cubes, you can adjust the taste!)

Continue to heat and stir about 15 minutes until heated throughout.

Add corn last and heat for just a couple minutes
  
Serve with a side of tortilla chips (it's more like a dip to me!). As you can see, I heavily season with pepper too, give it a kick! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment