Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday's Tid Bits

  1. B starts Kindergarten in 34 days. THIRTY FOUR DAYS! Aaaaaaaaand enter anxiety-driven mama.
  2. I read the samples of Tina Fey's Bossypants and Ellen DeGeneres' Seriously...I'm Kidding at gymnastics last night and literally laughed out loud at certain parts. Those will both be added to the Kindle family shortly.
  3. Still haven't made a decision about a job opportunity (at my current company); right now I'm not sure if I'm mentally and emotionally ready to handle a change, but in the long run it could benefit me financially and conceptually regarding the company.
  4. You have to do what's best for you.
  5. Is it annoying to anybody else to get a "thank you" email back when you complete something you're supposed to do? I appreciate that my help is appreciated, but sending an email with two words when I'm just doing my job - specifically opening and printing a document for someone, very simple and quick - is more irritating than anything because it just fills up my Inbox. Is that rude of me to think, or is this a general consensus?
  6. Along those lines of email etiquette...why do people insist on "Reply to All" when the information relayed back has nothing to do with anybody else? If I get an email along with 18 other people regarding my time tracking, do you think I give a hoot about theirs? No. I reply to the manager who asked because she's the one who needs the information. Then, I sit back and eagerly wait for the emails to roll in with pointless information filling my inbox and decreasing my productivity because I have to filter through them all. Side note: there needs to be a font for sarcasm.
  7. I was working on organizing my scrap room on Sunday night (the trim is installed - pics to come - and now I get to put it all back together...yay!) and realized that the only sane way to do so is to lay everything out and put it back in. Yes, this makes a bigger mess. I got a good portion done but there's still a lot left to do and a lot yet to figure out.
  8. Last night B fell asleep in our bed and instead of moving her when I crawled in, I snuggled up next to her. There's something so wonderful about that, and I definitely take moments like that for granted. With all the hustle and bustle at work, then coming home to dinner and activities and cleaning, I forget that sometimes I don't need "me" time. Sometimes I need a good snuggle too with my big girl and I better get a lot of those in quickly before she gets too old!
  9. Is there a way to attach a camera to myself? I've been terrible this year at taking pictures. I do need to figure out how to adjust the shutter speed and make it so the picture doesn't show up on the display for so long (if at all) which causes delays. Not good when photographing kids.
  10. Anybody have big plans this weekend? I was thinking about starting a pretty exciting project, but I may want to use this weekend to hit the beach with the girls or something fun like that!

1 comment:

  1. My nephew is getting married on Friday in Eagan. They've been together a few years, their son is two, and they just decided last week to get married. Other than that, mowing four of five acres around the house is high on the to-do list. If you want to read a book that is laugh-out-loud funny through the entire book, try "A Walk In The Woods" by Bill Bryson. H.Y.S.T.E.R.I.C.A.L. I agree about thank you's and emails in general. I'm working on a sarcasm font, but I'll be using it all the time. My kids are 10 and 13 and love to snuggle with their mama! If you figure out the timing thing on pictures, please let me know. I thought it was set by the factory and couldn't be changed. Good luck on your big decision!

    ReplyDelete